An epidemic is the rapid spread of infectious disease to a large number of people.
Throughout human history, some epidemics claimed millions of lives. The Black Death. Black death is thought to have originated around the Black Sea region. It spread rapidly through Europe and parts of Asia among rats nestling in the bowels of grain ships. The pandemic’s most devastating moment was between 1347 and 1351. It is estimated that it killed two-thirds of Europe’s population.
The plague would re-appear in subsequent decades. It is believed to have killed roughly 100 million people worldwide in the space of some 200 years.
The plague of Justinian. The Plague of Justinian is a disease borne by rats in Egypt around A.D. 540. It spread to the Byzantine capital at Constantinople. It claimed 5,000 lives a day and killed nearly half the ancient city’s population. The plague became antiquity’s most lethal known pandemic. In half a century, it killed between 25 million and 100 million in Europe and Asia. The 1918-19 Influenza Pandemic. It is also known as the Spanish Flu. The influenza of 1918-19 killed tens of millions of people.
This is more than the number of those who died in all of world war-I. It infected an
One-third of the global population and hit young adults especially hard.
Those who contracted the disease died quickly and painfully. The last great plague pandemic. It began in the 1850s China’s Yunnan province. The infectious fever killed tens of thousands of Chinese citizens. By the late 19th century is reached Hong Kong and Guangzhou. Both cities are major coastal shipping hubs.
This allowed the disease to spread throughout the world.
The plague killed some 12 million people. It occurred at a time when scientific research was developing, giving scientists a perfect empirical test case for germ theory. This has been a large part of why we haven’t seen the fourth pandemic.
- COVID-19: Spain is one of the most affected countries in the world
- Top Worst Epidemics in Human History
- Coronavirus: Singapore is very successful at fighting COVID-19
- Coronavirus: What’s the progress with the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Coronavirus: How to deal with the stress of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Top Countries with The Best Healthcare Systems
- Coronavirus: How did India succeed at containing the COVID-19 outbreak?
- How TO Build Micro Niche Sites To Earn Money!
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Morpheus TV APK APP 1.67 Latest Version Download
- Top 20 Best Google Products
- 10 Types of Modern Navigation Menus for Websites